The Corporate Responsibility Steering Committee covers four main areas :
Plastic strategy and microplastics, Chemical product waste interface, Waste directives revision, Product life cycle assessment (Product Environmental Footprint), EU Green Deal and Textile Strategy
Supply chain, transparency and due dilligence
Garment initiative, European Parliament requests for transparency and due diligence
Good practices, industry leadership
Elevate the industry by facilitating exchanges of environmental best practices and knowledge between different stakeholders in the sector, including brands, retailers, national associations and special groupings. Consolidate data for policy discussions with stakeholders.
France circular-economy and anti-waste law
RELATED POSITION PAPERS
- FESI response to the consultation on the Transition Pathway for the Textile Ecosystem
- FESI response to the consultation on Corporate Sustainability Due Diligence Directive
- Joint position on EU harmonised consumer sorting instructions
- FESI response to the consultation on the release of microplastics
- FESI contribution to the joint statement from the Cross Industry Agreement
- FESI & Policy Hub response to the consultation on the Empowering Consumers
- FESI & Policy Hub response to the consultation on the Ecodesign for Sustainable Product Regulation
- FESI & Policy Hub response to the consultation on Effectively banning products produced, extracted or harvested with forced labour
- FESI & Policy Hub position on the Waste Framework Directive revision
- FESI & Policy Hub position on Transparency for Apparel and Footwear
- FESI & Policy Hub position on EU Textile Strategy
- FESI & Policy Hub position on Green Recovery Proposal
- FESI & Policy Hub position on Sustainable Product Initiative
- FESI & Policy Hub position on EPR policy recommendations
- FESI & Policy Hub position on Building blocks for a sustainable circular economy
- FESI & Policy Hub position on Better Design For Greater Circularity
- FESI & Policy Hub position on Digital Product Passport
- FESI position on Due Diligence
- FESI contribution to Sustainable corporate governance
- FESI statement on the reported forced labour cases in the Xinjiang region
- FESI comments EP INI report on the garment sector
- FESI statement on sustainable global value chains
- FESI comments to Inception Impact assessment on Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism
RELATED PRESS RELEASES
European Parliament’s vote on corporate due diligence: FESI calls for stronger harmonization at EU level
Brussels, 10 March 2021 Today, the European Parliament’s plenary has approved a non-binding report led by MEP Lara Wolter (S&D, Netherlands) setting out some recommendations in view of the future EU initiative on sustainable corporate governance. The Federation of...
Apparel and Footwear Industry proposes a Green Recovery Plan to the European Authorities
Key apparel and footwear organisations come together to present a new proposal for a Green Recovery Plan for Europe. The Policy Hub, a joint effort of the Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC), the Federation of the European Sporting Goods Industry (FESI) and...
Circular clothing requires comprehensive policy: FESI joins leading apparel organisations and publishes proposals on circularity
Key apparel and footwear organisations are calling for holistic, coordinated efforts by policymakers to drive sector-wide circularity. The Policy Hub — launched by the Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC) in collaboration with the Federation of the European...
FESI co-signs a joint industry letter for an EU approach to packaging waste labelling
The Federation of the European Sporting Goods Industry ((FESI) fully endorse the need for relevant and consistent information to consumers on how to properly dispose of both the products and their packaging to support the transition towards a circular economy. In...
The Policy Hub hosted its 2nd workshop on Extended Producer Responsibility
Last Wednesday, 2 September stakeholders representing six leading industry associations - including FESI - and interest organisations and three companies working within the apparel and footwear sector came together to virtually discuss...
FESI supports The Policy Hub’s Statement on the Circular Economy Action Plan publication
The Policy Hub welcomes the publication of the European Commission’s Circular Economy Action Plan to boost circularity, and especially its focus on the textiles sector. The concept of circular economy and sustainable business models is not new to the...