The Corporate Responsibility Steering Committee covers four main areas :
Plastic strategy and microplastics, Chemical product waste interface, Waste directives revision, Product life cycle assessment (Product Environmental Footprint), EU Green Deal and Textile Strategy
Supply chain, transparency and due dilligence
Garment initiative, European Parliament requests for transparency and due diligence
Good practices, industry leadership
Elevate the industry by facilitating exchanges of environmental best practices and knowledge between different stakeholders in the sector, including brands, retailers, national associations and special groupings. Consolidate data for policy discussions with stakeholders.
France circular-economy and anti-waste law
RELATED PRESS RELEASES
Last Wednesday, 2 September stakeholders representing six leading industry associations - including FESI - and interest organisations and three companies working within the apparel and footwear sector came together to virtually discuss...
Key apparel and footwear organisations come together to present a new proposal for a Green Recovery Plan for Europe. The Policy Hub, a joint effort of the Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC), the Federation of the European Sporting Goods Industry (FESI) and...
The Policy Hub welcomes the publication of the European Commission’s Circular Economy Action Plan to boost circularity, and especially its focus on the textiles sector. The concept of circular economy and sustainable business models is not new to the...
RELATED POSITION PAPERS
- FESI position on Due Diligence
- FESI contribution to Sustainable corporate governance
- FESI statement on the reported forced labour cases in the Xinjiang region
- FESI comments EP INI report garment
- FESI statement on sustainable global value chains
- FESI position on waste package revision
- FESI position on microplastics consultation
- FESI comments to Inception Impact assessment on Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism