The Corporate Responsibility Steering Committee covers four main areas :
Plastic strategy and microplastics, Chemical product waste interface, Waste directives revision, Product life cycle assessment (Product Environmental Footprint), EU Green Deal and Textile Strategy
Supply chain, transparency and due dilligence
Garment initiative, European Parliament requests for transparency and due diligence
Good practices, industry leadership
Elevate the industry by facilitating exchanges of environmental best practices and knowledge between different stakeholders in the sector, including brands, retailers, national associations and special groupings. Consolidate data for policy discussions with stakeholders.
France circular-economy and anti-waste law
RELATED PRESS RELEASES
Circular clothing requires comprehensive policy: FESI joins leading apparel organisations and publishes proposals on circularity
Key apparel and footwear organisations are calling for holistic, coordinated efforts by policymakers to drive sector-wide circularity. The Policy Hub — launched by the Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC) in collaboration with the Federation of the European...
A new cross industry agreement for the prevention of microplastic release from the washing of synthetic textiles was officially launched today and endorsed by the European Commission. The European Textile and Apparel Confederation (EURATEX), the...
RELATED POSITION PAPERS
- FESI position on Due Diligence
- FESI contribution to Sustainable corporate governance
- FESI statement on the reported forced labour cases in the Xinjiang region
- FESI comments EP INI report garment
- FESI statement on sustainable global value chains
- FESI position on waste package revision
- FESI position on microplastics consultation
- FESI comments to Inception Impact assessment on Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism