The Corporate Responsibility Steering Committee covers four main areas :
Plastic strategy and microplastics, Chemical product waste interface, Waste directives revision, Product life cycle assessment (Product Environmental Footprint), EU Green Deal and Textile Strategy
Supply chain, transparency and due dilligence
Garment initiative, European Parliament requests for transparency and due diligence
Good practices, industry leadership
Elevate the industry by facilitating exchanges of environmental best practices and knowledge between different stakeholders in the sector, including brands, retailers, national associations and special groupings. Consolidate data for policy discussions with stakeholders.
France circular-economy and anti-waste law
RELATED POSITION PAPERS
- FESI response to the Commission’s call for feedback on Green Claims Directive
- FESI response to the consultation on the Transition Pathway for the Textile Ecosystem
- FESI response to the consultation on Corporate Sustainability Due Diligence Directive
- Joint position on EU harmonised consumer sorting instructions
- FESI response to the consultation on the release of microplastics
- FESI contribution to the joint statement from the Cross Industry Agreement
- FESI & Policy Hub response to the consultation on the Empowering Consumers
- FESI & Policy Hub response to the consultation on the Ecodesign for Sustainable Product Regulation
- FESI & Policy Hub response to the consultation on Effectively banning products produced, extracted or harvested with forced labour
- FESI & Policy Hub position on the Waste Framework Directive revision
- FESI & Policy Hub position on Transparency for Apparel and Footwear
- FESI & Policy Hub position on EU Textile Strategy
- FESI & Policy Hub position on Green Recovery Proposal
- FESI & Policy Hub position on Sustainable Product Initiative
- FESI & Policy Hub position on EPR policy recommendations
- FESI & Policy Hub position on Building blocks for a sustainable circular economy
- FESI & Policy Hub position on Better Design For Greater Circularity
- FESI & Policy Hub position on Digital Product Passport
- FESI position on Due Diligence
- FESI contribution to Sustainable corporate governance
- FESI statement on the reported forced labour cases in the Xinjiang region
- FESI comments EP INI report on the garment sector
- FESI statement on sustainable global value chains
- FESI comments to Inception Impact assessment on Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism
RELATED PRESS RELEASES
FESI Welcomes European Parliament Plenary Vote on ESPR but Highlights Concerns over Unsold Consumer Products’ Definition
Brussels, 12h July 2023 The Federation of European Sporting Goods Industry (FESI), the leading voice representing the sporting goods sector in Europe, welcomes today’s adoption by the European Parliament of the report on the European Sustainable Product Regulation...
FESI Commends the EU’s Commitment to Sustainable Textile Practices in Revised Waste Framework Directive and Welcomes EPR Harmonisation Principles
Brussels, 6th July 2023 The Federation of the European Sporting Goods Industry (FESI) welcomes the European Commission's proposal to revise the current Waste Framework Directive (WFD). FESI recognises the Directive as a significant step towards achieving a circular...
FESI welcomes the European Parliament’s plenary vote on CSDDD but calls for further improvements ahead of the trilogues
Brussels, 2nd June 2023 The Federation of the European Sporting Goods Industry (FESI) welcomes the results of the vote on the Corporate Sustainability Due Diligence Directive (CSDDD) that took place on the 1st of June in the European Parliament. FESI and its members...
Brussels, 31 May 2023 FESI, the Federation of the European Sporting Goods Industry, welcomes the objectives of the Ecodesign for Sustainable Product Regulation (ESPR) proposal including the aim to address the destruction of unsold goods. In this context, the...
European business remains supportive of the objectives of the proposed directive on corporate sustainability due diligence (CS3D). However, in a joint statement co-signed with 35 other European Industry associations, FESI urges co-legislators to work on a reasonable...
The signatories of the statement welcome the objectives of the proposed new Ecodesign for Sustainable Products Regulation (ESPR) to support and improve the circularity, energy performance and other environmental sustainability aspects of products. However, the...