The Corporate Responsibility Steering Committee covers four main areas :
Plastic strategy and microplastics, Chemical product waste interface, Waste directives revision, Product life cycle assessment (Product Environmental Footprint), EU Green Deal and Textile Strategy
Supply chain, transparency and due dilligence
Garment initiative, European Parliament requests for transparency and due diligence
Good practices, industry leadership
Elevate the industry by facilitating exchanges of environmental best practices and knowledge between different stakeholders in the sector, including brands, retailers, national associations and special groupings. Consolidate data for policy discussions with stakeholders.
France circular-economy and anti-waste law
RELATED POSITION PAPERS
- Joint position on EU harmonised consumer sorting instructions
- FESI & Policy Hub position on Transparency
- FESI & Policy Hub position on EU Textile Strategy
- FESI & Policy Hub position on Green Recovery Proposal
- FESI & Policy Hub position on Waste
- FESI & Policy Hub position on Sustainable Product Initiative
- FESI & Policy Hub position on EPR policy recommendations
- FESI & Policy Hub position on Building blocks for a sustainable circular economy
- FESI & Policy Hub position on Better Design For Greater Circularity
- FESI & Policy Hub position on Digital Product Passport
- FESI position on Due Diligence
- FESI contribution to Sustainable corporate governance
- FESI statement on the reported forced labour cases in the Xinjiang region
- FESI comments EP INI report garment
- FESI statement on sustainable global value chains
- FESI position on waste package revision
- FESI position on microplastics consultation
- FESI comments to Inception Impact assessment on Carbon Border Adjustment Mechanism
RELATED PRESS RELEASES
Due Diligence proposal: FESI calls for a proportionate EU framework aligned with internationally recognized standards
Brussels, 23 February 2022 Today, the European Commission has finally presented its long-awaited initiative on Corporate Sustainability Due Diligence, setting out mandatory due diligence obligations for companies. Based on its members’ long-term experience in supply...
Textile and apparel industry alliance moves closer to release of an international microfibre shedding standard
Brussels, 6 September 2021 A sector alliance that was formed to tackle issues relating to microplastics has completed the next phase of its project to develop a harmonised industry standard for the supply chain. The Cross Industry Agreement (CIA) has revealed the...
European Parliament’s vote on corporate due diligence: FESI calls for stronger harmonization at EU level
Brussels, 10 March 2021 Today, the European Parliament’s plenary has approved a non-binding report led by MEP Lara Wolter (S&D, Netherlands) setting out some recommendations in view of the future EU initiative on sustainable corporate governance. The Federation of...
Brussels, 17 December 2021 Today, FESI and 40 other industry associations are calling the EU to establish an harmonised system to provide consumers with understandable and clear sorting instructions for packaging waste. Such a system is crucial in order to boost...
Brussels, 16 December 2021 Today, FESI together with other key industry associations / responsible business initiatives addressed a call for harmonisation and consistency to policy makers in view of the future due diligence initiative planned for February 2022. Due...
The Federation of the European Sporting Goods Industry ((FESI) fully endorse the need for relevant and consistent information to consumers on how to properly dispose of both the products and their packaging to support the transition towards a circular economy. In...