he Sporting Goods Industry to inspire physical activity throughout Europe
The Federation of the European Sporting Goods Industry (FESI) and its Members are supporting the European Week of Sport campaign through a variety of initiatives and activities leading up to and during the week of September 7-13, 2015 as per its partnership signed by FESI Secretary General Alberto S. Bichi and the European Commissioner for Education, Culture, Youth and Sport Tibor Navracsics.
“I am proud that FESI was one of the first official partners of the European Week of Sport, proving to be a forerunner when it comes to promoting Health enhancing physical activity”, said FESI President Luca Businaro. “Promotion of Sport is something our members do every day, but no one can reach out to the entire civil society on its own. It is therefore crucial that all actors unite their efforts in doing so.” he added.
As agreed in the partnership with the European Commission, FESI supports and contributes to the Week of Sport on numerous levels listed below and beyond:
- Inform: FESI has been actively involved in the elaboration of the week of sport through the European Commission advisory board. Furthermore on the 9th of September FESI will co-lead a workshop on the importance of sport and physical activity in education and employability during the Week’s flagship event in Brussels.
- By leveraging popularity of its famous brands and retailers, but also the powerful networks of its 12 national associations, FESI helps spread the key messages and values of the campaign; FESI President Luca Businaro is also a key contributor to the European Commission mini documentary on the promotion of sport. FESI also used this opportunity to revamp its identity and created its official modernised graphic design.
- FESI’s constituency has secured the participation of no less than 3 famous ambassadors namely Steven Gerrard (Professional Footballer), Paula Radcliff (long-distance Runner) and Gerlinde Kaltenbrunner (Mountaineer ) and provided video footage of numerous other enthusiastic athletes such as footballer Max Kruse and handballer Patrick Groetzki. They also provided many exciting high value prizes for the European Commission promotional action #MyWeek #BeActive challenge
- FESI and EOG will share a stand at the European Sport Village during the week of sport and provide fun activities and giveouts. EOG will also set up a bouldering wall to introduce climbing to the younger generations.
- In order to create af sustainable and holistic approach towards the promotion of sport and physical activity FESI and 10 esteemed organisations also have commonly decided to create the House of Sport in Brussels.